Comprehensive Access to Financials for the Enterprise
NUFinancials Requisition Attachments Require Comments
February 26, 2014
To help address related issues since the NUFinancials upgrade, as of February 27, 2014, line comments will be required whenever an attachment is added to a Non-Catalog or Catalog Requisition line (this includes iBuyNU orders).
Requisition Comments Details
Reassign Workflow Upgrade is Live
February 25, 2014
- The NU Workflow Reassignment page has been enhanced to include more processes and increased functionality.
- The interface now has better visual cues and no longer returns extra lines.
Reassign Workflow Enhancements
New Cognos BI Sponsored Research Report
February 21, 2014
- The new GM091 - Sponsor Payments Received report presents details of payments received by Award/Contract, with a breakout by Project.
- Payment activity includes all forms of payments as well as a subset of write-offs and other maintenance items.
Find the GM091 at:
Project Cafe Reports > School or Central > Sponsored Programs Management > GM091 - Sponsor Payments Received
New PO Change Request Process is Live!
February 17, 2014
Purchase Order change requests now occur in NUFinancials with a number of new features.
PO Change Request Details
PO Change Request Webinars
February 10, 2014
Join us for live webinars detailing the changes to the PO Change Request process on Feb. 12 and Feb. 19!
Purchase Order Change Request Process Update
January 30, 2014
Beginning in mid-February, the process for requesting changes to a PO will will take place in NUFinancials.
PO Change Request Update
NUFinancials Upgrade is Live!
December 16, 2013
- Shoppers' carts created in iBuyNU between 6pm on Tuesday, Dec. 10 and 8am on Monday, Dec. 16 can now be processed by Requesters.
- Any NUFinancials documents in workflow on Dec. 10 were sent back and will need to be resubmitted.
- Warehouse-based Cognos BI NUFinancials reports reflect data as of 10:30pm on Dec. 15.
New Training Curriculum Page!
December 9, 2013
The new Training Curriculum page replaces Training Materials as your go-to source for training guides, job aids, online classes, and course registration links.
New Training Curriculum Page Coming Soon!
December 5, 2013
Just in time for the NUFinancials upgrade, a new Training Curriculum page will replace the Training Materials page. Watch for announcements the week of December 9.
NUFinancials Upgrade Webinars Begin Dec. 3
December 2, 2013
Attend one of our webinars focusing on specific features changing with the NUFinancials upgrade this month.
NUFin Upgrade Info Exchanges Nov. 19 & 20
November 6, 2013
Join us and our colleagues in Financial Operations, Accounts Payable, Accounting Services, and Purchasing for upgrade-related Info Exchanges on each campus, Nov. 19 and 20.
Upgrade and Info Exchange Details
iBuyNU Upgrade is Now Live!
November 4, 2013
iBuyNU has a new look, new functionality, and new training options. Check out our webinars this week.
iBuyNU Upgrade Coming in November!
September 16, 2013
In early November, you'll see some changes in iBuyNU, both in look-and-feel and in new functionality.
Changes to GL008 - Revenue & Expense Activity Report
August 27, 2013
We've completed several requested updates to the Cognos BI GL008 report. Look for updates to be in place for the beginning of FY14 on Sept. 1!
Get Ready for Fiscal Year End
August 1, 2013
We have revised and expanded our annual list of FYE reminders to include training info and job aids. Check it out:
About FY13 Year End Close
New iBuyNU Vendors Coming Soon!
June 28, 2013
New maintenance vendors will replace old suppliers:
- Grainger - Tools and Hardware - will replace MSC and Kimball
- Johnson Plumbing Supplies - Plumbing Supplies - will replace Columbia Pipe
- Steiner - Electrical Supplies - will replace Graybar
Watch for more information in August.
NUFinancials Upgrade Timeline
May 22, 2013
We have adjusted the timeline for the 2013 NUFinancials upgrade.
InfoEd Project Summary Tab Changes
April 25, 2013
As of May 10, 2013, there will be important changes to the way project summaries are entered in InfoEd Proposal Development.
Expenses Upgrade Changes
March 31, 2013
The NUFinancials upgrade will include exciting changes for Expense Reports, including electronic attachments.
Halfway to FY2014!
February 25, 2013
As of March 1st we'll have six months to go in this fiscal year. Now would be a great time to make sure all your...
The more you do now the less you'll have to do at Fiscal Year End!
Check out FMS723 Reconciling Budgets or an Open Lab session for help.
New Open Travel Authorization Report
February 7, 2013
The new SC030 - Open Travel Authorization Report shows all approved Travel Authorizations that have not been used to create an expense report, listed in Travel Authorization ID order.
Use it to determine whether a Travel Authorization has been used, and consult the SC016 - Open Encumbrance Report to look for other encumbrances that may still exist.
New Online Training Options Available Now!
January 31, 2013
Now you can take on-demand training on your own schedule, without having to wait for the next classroom session!
ChartField 1 on Cash Receipt Tickets
January 23, 2013
Do you use ChartField1 values when processing transactions? Now you can use ChartField1 values when recording deposits on Cash Receipt Tickets (CRT). Not using ChartField1? Have no fear, ChartField1 is optional and can left blank if your school/department does not use it.
New Training Pages are Live!
January 23, 2013
We've created two new pages on our Training site to help new and experienced users figure out which classes to take, and in what order. You'll also get help with our security access forms.
About Project Cafe
- The Cafe team supports and enhances the technical aspects of the University's financial management systems working in partnership with University central offices and administrative units responsible for maintaining policy.
- Cafe systems include NUFinancials, as well as several related applications in areas such as grants management (InfoEd), purchasing (iBuyNU), budget (NUPlans), reporting (Cognos BI) and facilities management (FAMIS). Separate alumni information systems (below) also fall under the Cafe umbrella.
- ADEA (Alumni and Development Enterprise Applications) is a group within Cafe that manages CATracks and Our Northwestern, internal and external-facing alumni information and collaboration systems.
- Originally an initiative to replace the Northwestern University's financial system (CUFS), Cafe stands for Comprehensive Access to Financials for the Enterprise (launched December 2008).